Principals Australia Institute Event Terms and Conditions
Prior to registering for an event with PAI, you accept that you have read and understood the terms and conditions set out below.
All registrations for events are made with Principals Australia Institute Ltd ABN 37163 346 594 (us/we/PAI/Principals Australia Institute). By registering for an event with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Event Terms and Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your registration will be accepted by us on this basis.
1. registering for an event On receipt of your registration, subject to availability and our discretion, we will reserve your place at the selected event.
2. acceptance of registration A booking for an event becomes legally binding only from the date when acceptance of your registration is confirmed by us in writing or by email. The contract is between us and the persons named on the registration.
3. event fee and payment The event fee is inclusive of GST. The event fee is in Australian dollars. The event fee must be paid by PayPal, debit card, credit card, or electronic funds transfer at the time of registration, and in accordance with the details stated in the online registration process, unless PAI agrees otherwise. Upon request, an invoice will be issued to you by PAI for GST purposes and as a record of payment.
4. late registrations For any registrations within 7 days of the selected event, we reserve the right to charge a late fee to cover our additional administration costs.
This will be charged through the registration process for the event.
Please note that event materials and catering cannot be guaranteed for late registrations for events which involve attendance at a physical location.
5. cancellation You must provide notice of cancellation to us by email at email@example.com or by telephone 08 8394 2100. A cancellation will only be effective when this email is received by PAI.
If you cancel your registration 14 days or less from the date of the event, or you do not provide notice of your non-attendance at the event, you will not have the right to a refund of the event fee, unless we decide, in our absolute discretion, otherwise.
If you cancel your registration more than 14 days before the event (unless the specific terms of registration for that event state otherwise), PAI will refund you the event fee after the deduction of a cancellation fee and the cost of any materials that have been provided to you prior to your cancellation.
If you provide notice to cancel your registration, we may, in our absolute discretion, offer you a comparable alternative event to attend, where available, in which event the event fee will not be refunded.
6. if we cancel, postpone or change the event PAI also reserves the right to significantly change the event (including to format, participants, content, location or timing) or cancel your
registration at any time due to operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
Should a substantial change or cancellation be required we will give you reasonable notice in the circumstances to your email address and/or on our website, and where available, offer you a comparable alternative without payment of a transfer fee. If an alternative is not available or acceptable, you will be entitled to a full refund of any of the event fee paid by you to us.
If a major change or cancellation is due to force majeure, we will give a full refund of any of the event fee paid to us.
If the event has commenced, we will give a refund of any unused services less reasonable expenses incurred by us such as cancellation of services provided by third parties.
We are not responsible for any costs or expenses that you may have incurred as a result of a cancellation or change of your registration.
7. substitutions and amendments If you wish to transfer from one event to another or transfer your registration to a third party, you must notify us at least 14 days prior to the selected event.
If you notify us 14 days or less prior to the selected event of such transfer, the change will be taken to be a cancellation and the refund policy applicable to cancellations in clause 5 may be applied at our discretion.
Transfers to a third party, or a substitution in your place, are only permitted where the transferee or substitute meets all the requirements in relation to the event.
Whilst reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, availability cannot be guaranteed.
8. special requests If you have any special requests, you should inform us at the time of your registration. We will attempt to meet such requests, but we do not guarantee to do so.
9. behaviour You agree to accept the authority and decisions of PAI whilst attending the event.
The decision of us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives is final on all matters likely to affect the safety, well-being or best interests of any person participating in the event.
PAI reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse admission to, or to eject you from the event, in our absolute discretion, including (without limitation), for failure to comply with these Event Terms and Conditions or if in the opinion of PAI you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the event.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not behave in a way which causes offence or danger to others or which risks damage to property belonging to others.
You will be liable to reimburse us for any expenses whatsoever that we incur as a result of inappropriate behaviour by you.
10. speakers The views expressed by the speakers or presenters at the events are their own. PAI cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed by any speaker at any event.
11. limitation of liability To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in an event, or any breach of the Event Terms and Conditions, is excluded;
- you release us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against us arising out of or in connection with your participation in an event; and
- any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied by law into these Event Terms and Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded.
To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be excluded, our liability in respect of the Implied Warranty is limited to (in our absolute discretion): (i) the provision of a similar event to an equivalent value; or (ii) a refund of the total amount received by us from you in connection with your registration. Any claim by you is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
12. insurance It is your responsibility to arrange your own insurance for cancellation, personal liability and any other relevant risks. You also agree to indemnify us against all third- party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your acts or omissions at the event.
13. validity The information on our website about events is correct to the best of our knowledge at the date of publication but we cannot guarantee any time or amenity mentioned will be available especially where we have no direct control over it.
14. errors & omissions Although we have made a reasonable attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in event documentation including on our website we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
15. severability In the event that any term or condition contained in these Event Terms and Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
16. photos and marketing You consent to us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives to taking photographs, sound recording and films of you while you are at the event and that these images/likeness can be used for any purpose, including for advertising and marketing purposes, in any medium we choose. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images or any other images that you have provided us with for publicity and promotional purposes.
All unauthorised photography and recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited at the event and/or in or at the event.
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of the event or to send you marketing material and communications in relation to PAI’s events, products and services, and special offers.
The information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers or other suppliers (eg. event sponsors and venue providers) to enable us to operate the event.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information to government authorities as required by law.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material, please let us know by addressing the Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 205 Greenhill Road, Eastwood, South Australia, 5068.
18. applicable law The laws of South Australia govern these Event Terms and Conditions. Each party submits to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
19. definition of event An event means, but is not limited to, the services provided by PAI and activities conducted through attendance at physical locations (such as seminars, courses, training sessions and conferences) and or through electronic access or online (such as webinars).